The activities committee and civic service committee has the primary responsibility of helping units succeed. Members of the committee should be selected to handle four basic categories of council activities:
- Display events (Scouting shows, shopping mall shows). The more visible, the better.
- Competitive skill events (e.g., camporee, pushmobile)
- Civic service projects
- Scouting Anniversary Week celebration (e.g., district dinner)
Each of these Scouters should recruit enough people to help with the particular kind of big activity. The committee:
1. Sets policies and procedures for activities.
2. Sets goals for activities.
3. Plan sand runs activities.
4. Submits a budget to the council finance committee.
5. Promotes activities and civic service events in and for units.
6. Establishes guidelines for coordinated district activities such as camporees, recognition dinners, etc.